Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wish me luck!

Today I'll be doing something like this, or this, and maybe like this if things get crazy. One good thing about having small bedrooms is that they don't take that long to paint. I'll take before and after photos, I am looking forward to that actually. This project has been a long time coming and is actually the last project on my 2010 to-do list!!! Woohoo! I should actually post a few before/after shots of all the bedrooms I've done this year. I don't think I've ever shared the transformation of the teen boy room to the young girl room which was pretty fun.

We've been prepping for the big Hogwarts inspired room redo for a long time now. I have a bunch of stuff stashed away that I've picked up on clearance here and there and can't wait to see how it comes together. Some of my favorite things are the dark red curtains that I'll use for the closet and the windows. The closet curtains I found on clearance for $4.50 each! The window curtain was more since it is an energy saving/blackout curtain, but it was only $12. My next favorite things were lantern like candle holders that I found in the garden clearance center for $1.47 each. I'll put some of the led flickering candles that don't get hot in them which are like 50¢ if you buy them after a holiday.

I guess I have as much fun finding stuff as cheaply as I can as I do when it comes to the actual room redo process. We even got the paint on a 40% off sale. I bought a utility closet type rake/mop holder during a home organization sale for $10 at the beginning of the year. Can't wait to see if it works to hold our ridiculous collection of nerf swords. If not I'll use it to actually organize our utility closet. :0) Oh! I almost forgot one of the best things. At some point we found the most perfect bedspread with a sort of crest on it, complete with sheets, pillow cases and shams all for $29.99. I am getting excited!

I think it makes the whole room transformation even more exciting when it looks awesome and yet doesn't murder my bank account. Sure, it takes more patience to do it that way, but since there seems to be a never ending series of projects to do, it doesn't hurt to put off one project until we have the stuff to do it properly. Of course it helps to have a patient son!

Well, the husband is busy with the pre-painting prep and giving me those long sort of glances like he can't believe I am blogging when we are about to get this party started. So, see you all on the flip-side!

3 comments:

K said...

Oooooooh, thanks for the links. I'm thinking about morphing my girls room into a preteen cloud room. But its a little scary for me because I'm not as handy with a paint brush as you. :o)

Critter's critters said...

I can't wait to see!!!

MySiteMalixi System Development said...

Nice Post!
I would like to know more about your blog.You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.